Friday, June 29, 2012

Only 2 days left to vote and why you should vote for me


For more than 35 years, I have tracked the major food trends and issues; how our food is grown, processed, prepared, marketed, and sold by the food industry to both children and adults, regulated by our government, and consumed by the American population. I know the barriers to losing weight, why our children keep getting more obese, and what needs to change in our political, educational, economic, and food supply system to reverse this obesity and hunger epidemic. I also know the barriers and challenges preventing more economic development in urban cities and rural areas in America and how new, healthy food enterprises and small businesses could be the economic driver to create more economically sustainable communities.

As a stakeholder and contributing member of many health, economic, educational, and social-based community organizations, I have spent years being passionate and dedicated to fighting the childhood obesity, hunger, education and economic problems facing America today. As an American citizen, businesswomen, entrepreneur, and educator, I believe it’s our duty and responsibility to invest in the future prevention of these epidemic problems and to work quickly, diligently, and collaboratively to find innovative, visionary, cost-effective, sustainable solutions to these growing problems before the American economy and future citizens of our country are too broken or too unhealthy to fix. 

Throughout my life and career, I've been an innovator, problem solver and change agent. With your votes, I can make the difference in the lives of students, their families, and their communities. I can give them the tools, inspiration and mentoring needed to pursue the American Dream and create more succesful and profitable small and growing food businesses -- the backbone of the American economy.

I know it's the beginning of the July 4th holiday weekend and some of you have already started your vacation, but please take a minute to vote for me at www.missionsmallbusiness.com and select Culinary Connections. Help me put Microentrepreneurs for a Healthy Body, Home, Community and World into action now. I'm fighting to make America and the population of our nation healthy and strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment